O2 cleaner - aftermath great ant killer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
By mistake I have found that if I pour used EZ clean out over ant infested areas of my yard the nests are completely gone in just a day or so. I have tried all kinds of commercially available ant killers from baits to just flooding them with the hose and no luck, they always prevail... But not with EZ clean... after I'm done sanitizing all my stuff I always have 3-4 gallons to pour out somewhere, mines well be the ants. It might even work on fire ants :) Also, it doesn't seem to hurt the grass.

(I'm probably creating an environmental disaster but hey, the ants are gone)

Someone on here said Starsan was good for ants. I have an ant problem and I have a spray bottle with Starsan but although they don't seem to like it I haven't seen any deaths from it.

Windex kills the sh*t out of ants, too. Fast! I poured a bottle into an ant nest and they were dead within 20 minutes.

Then there is the whole, well maybe the ants stop the termites theory and if you kill off the ants the termites will be next... I really stopped fighting the insects being that I live in the middle of the woods but it was nice to see the EZ clean worked pretty good on a major yard nest of large black ants.

Back