Switched to BevSeal Ultra tubing; weird pours. ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I routed my beer lines (BevSeal 235) around the inside of my collar. This keeps them out of the way when switching kegs. It also allows great airflow around the lines, which keeps them cold.

My fan is located on the bottom of the freezer, below the shank area, blowing upward. You can just barely see it in the bottom right of the photo. I get about 1degF difference between bottom and top.

My lines are about 7' long. I get great pours even though the lines are considerably shorter than than the calculators and conventional wisdom say they should be. I attribute this to some built-in resistance due to the right angle shank adapters, and some resistance from the flow control device in the faucets (even when wide open).

For normal pours I have the flow control wide open, I only throttle it down when filling bottles or growlers. I close the flow control after a pour as insurance against my cat knocking a faucet handle when I'm away. On the Intertap faucets the flow control will completely shut off the flow.

So far I've been very pleased with how well all this works.

View attachment 639027

This is a great picture for me as I'm working on building my keezer. I actually just bought 4 of the right angle fittings so I can do some thing similar.

Yes, I was measuring air temp. I wanted to see what the temp was at the top of my keg vs bottom. It was fairly consistent, within a couple degrees. I was surprised at that.

I'm having a hard time believing the 25 degree temp was correct but I guess if my pint pour was at 34.4 degrees then I would expect air temp vs beer temp to be somewhat different.
I left the probes in my keezer overnight. When i woke this morning both were at 34 degrees. I did see it get as high as 41 degrees late yesterday evening.

My actual keezer temp probe is sitting in a pint mason jar. I used two of the gel freezer packs i cut open and put the gel into the jar and inserted my probe through the cap. The jar is sitting on the bottom of the keezer floor on top of another jar so that it doesn't sit directly on the floor. The jar my probe is in is wrapped in a towl.

Mine does the same thing. I also have a fan circulating. I have different faucets though. I have 12’ per run. I feel like it’s a temperature thing though, maybe the faucet is just that much warmer. I feel it’s gotten worse with the rising temperature of my basement

I bought a $6 fan from Walmart today. Put it in my keezer, put the thermometer on top of the kegs and lines, and it's reading 36 degrees. When I put it up there yesterday, I think it was in the mid-40's up there. Hopefully that fixes my issue!

Back