What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E418A4CF-A790-4DAC-A1B3-BE6699A3BF83.jpeg
HB not so Sour IPA

That...is the darkest "Quad" i have ever seen. I don't believe its a quad by any means. Who made this and called it a quad? Wrong color, wrong clarity, wrong head color...I am just confused by it being called a Quad

Sounds like you're about to learn the HBT abbreviation HB ;)

80A1E655-ED2A-4EC7-8E2C-E2B0B5E80A99.jpeg
99D90E85-DCAD-45BC-BCD3-A0D9423007B3.jpeg
Drank some, saved some and hopeful I can get some of the yeast active to brew the same beer this weekend but with my own personal twist. If not I have some dried yeast that will do. Following the directions @j1laskey shared with me a while ago. I’m so happy I do canned starter wort to make this process easier.

While deciding what to brew in the morning. A Centennial Pale Ale is the answer.

I've been experimenting and get sucked in easily by shiny hops. But I really do think I my next brewing order is going to have a boatload of centennial in it. It seems boring, but it really is my favorite.

I guess first I will say that I didn't mean any harm in my comment, and I missed "HB" in the post...I will say this though, the brew in question is much darker than 37, and is certainly much less clear...but that is just in my defense. Similarly, neither of these really qualifies as a quad/belgian dark strong based on color requirements. If its a clone, well done, I will allow it. I am one of those purists and for St. Bernarbus to call this a quad is really stretching the style characteristics quite liberally. For the maker of this clone to say its a quad...well that is a different story if they were shooting for a recipe that isn't actually a quad!

No offense made. I recently had a Unibroue Terible...deemed a quad and also way out of style requirements...

I have been searching for a quad that is true to style to compare mine to it and nearly every commercial example I can come up with would fail miserably at a competition. It's a very difficult task, that's for sure. I'll attach mine that I am trying to compare to those that are true to style and you will see where I am coming from (and before you say anything...I know it should never be in a pint glass, but I was at my brother's house and he didn't have a tulip)
94879100_643935659794846_2171903015273889792_n.jpg

See, your color is spot on for a quad...St Bernarbus definitely isn't...tasting like cognac though...I will certainly appreciate it. Almost makes me want to try another one but with French Elixir

Latest posts

Back