show your age with a picture of a toy from your childhood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When young
1595514671222.png

During the all important pyro years
1595514604504.png

Once I got a job
1595514538540.png

I'm with @Kharnynb. Didn't have as much as in this image, though...

the base was one of the first "space" things I got and started my collecting more and more.(I once checked the "value" of my stuff and it's rather a lot more than €1000,-), my most beloved one was the "blacktron base"

Did anyone have one of these?

1598021958479.png

My older brother had one, and it was his favorite toy. He's 11 years older than me, so it had basically gone away by the time I was a kid. Probably too many liability claims due to the exposed rotors lol...

A few years back I got him "Chopper Command" off ebay for Christmas. It was an update version with a ring around the rotors for safety. At the time he was a helicopter pilot in the USMC, so I knew it would bring back fond memories.

Here's one from my own childhood.

Not my actual childhood, because my parents obviously didn't love me enough to buy me a ridiculously expensive 7' plastic aircraft carrier that would dominate their house for 3 months until I got tired of it and didn't care any more and then collect dust and take up space for several years. But one of my friends had one, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever [for about a week].

1598022392182.png

Here's one from my own childhood.

Not my actual childhood, because my parents obviously didn't love me enough to buy me a ridiculously expensive 7' plastic aircraft carrier that would dominate their house for 3 months until I got tired of it and didn't care any more and then collect dust and take up space for several years. But one of my friends had one, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever [for about a week].

My mother-in-law found a very similar aircraft carrier at a thrift store a while back, and my sons LOVE playing with it.

in this thread.....are we supposed to be guessing the last person toy's age?

(and i remember the rolly thing chest sorta, so i guess 48)

Latest posts

Back