Popping Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naturallight16oz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
brewed two batches yesterday, put them in the ferm chamber, where i had been storing a couple cases of beer. One of which was already over carbed. woke up this morning and the temp was way too low. I put in the heater, thinking it would get it back on track. well 6 bottles so far have exploded. I just keep changing the bath towel by the door and i guess i'll be busy tomorrow cleaning up.:tank::tank:

So the beer that was over carbed in your ferm chamber exploded when you raised the temps?
I think you need to move those bottles out. If you knew they were volatile then why would you keep them in there anyway?

Try keeping them in there at a cooler temp,but still in the range needed to carb & condition. You'll be treading a thin line till they're done or at least a bit more stable.
then into the fridge for two weeks. That sgould stabilize them enough to get into a glass. Worked for me anyway...

Back