9-9-9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I guess it's time to get a lagering chest. :) I like the Doppelbock idea; drink Paulaner Salvator regularly. Count me in too.

DeathBrewer said:
"Paulaner Salvator"

supposedly, they make it so dark by boiling it for a day...no dark malts involved. interesting idea!

interesting. I hadn't heard that. I prefer it over Celebrator, but they are pretty interchangeable.

DeathBrewer said:
supposedly, they make it so dark by boiling it for a day...no dark malts involved. interesting idea!

This is interesting b/c it tastes to me as if they use all dark Munich for that beer. Boiling for a day would ruin the head retention of the beer by coagulating to many of the proteins. But I could be wong on this.

Kai

Kaiser said:
This is interesting b/c it tastes to me as if they use all dark Munich for that beer. Boiling for a day would ruin the head retention of the beer by coagulating to many of the proteins. But I could be wong on this.

Kai

Well, I can tell you that there is not much of a head on this beer. An aggressive pour gets you about a finger, and it's gone in seconds.

Kaiser said:

Kai
i read it somewhere, i think in one of my brewing books...i'll let you know if and when i find the source...

DeathBrewer said:
i read it somewhere, i think in one of my brewing books...i'll let you know if and when i find the source...

I'll really have to taste this beer again and see what the head retention is like. But yes, it has a very strong and distinct aroma that may more be the result of long boiling than dark base malts.

Kai

Back