Fess up. Who's a new thread whore? Post your ratio.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh... Orfy does make a lot of new threads... a lot of them with delicious food in them.... 7% sounds right. :)

To be fair though, Orfy usually starts good and informative threads. My 2.something% threads are much more whorey than his 7%.

Is there a way to count pointless and inane posts and threads!? ;)

Now the really interesting number would be brewing related posts/total posts (fight club, debate, general chit chat)--- but that would be uber-complicated to figure out.

Revvy pointed me toward another 20%+ whore.
Anyone want to guess who it is....

Why is it that some of these newer members...that are in the 15 - 20% Range...have such a tendency to be pricks when someone tries to help them? This last *****eclot figured out how to jump all bad at Nurmey! Who the hell can figure out how to be mad at nurmey?

Why is it that some of these newer members...that are in the 15 - 20% Range...have such a tendency to be pricks when someone tries to help them? This last *****eclot figured out how to jump all bad at Nurmey! Who the hell can figure out how to be mad at nurmey?

Which was one reason that thread ended badly. ;)

Yeah...she's even nicer than Yooper....which is really freakin hard to do...

But of course, the certain someone, lashed into both of them with gusto...

What's that saying about biting the hand that feeds you?

I am not nicer than Yooper!

When I first opened that thread I thought it was the one with the same title that had been up for a couple of days. When I realized it wasn't, I thought it was a joke thread because of the question.

When I realized that it was neither the same thread or a joke, I got a little cranky since the question could have been answered without even using search, just looking a couple thread down. I can take her reaction like an adult but I'm glad it's over.

Yooper's like an idealized version of the sarah palin archetype...
(Sorry about errant m's and j's. my keyboard appears to mbe dying. I get extra m's whenever i hit space, and j's when i use punctuation)

I dunno about that. She doesn't strike me much as Palin... In fact, I've always thought that mshe could probably kick Palin's moose-hunting arse, and feed itm back to her, then kick it allm over again, then make it into a nice mwall sconce.

I've always mthought of Yoop as an attractive, female version of Red Green. Both mhandsome AND handy.

(For mthe mrecordm thism ism what mit mlooks mlike mwithoutm deletingm any errantm j'characters'j.m Them above mpost took 4xm longerm than mit ever mshouldm have mto mtype mbecause mi mhad mto mkeep mbackspacing mthe mmj's. MTime mto mshop mfor ma mnew mkeyboard mfor mthe miMac.)

Given Revvy's image of Sarah Palin...(mine too) I think it was a compliment.

It is! :D

In fact, I've always thought that mshe could probably kick Palin's moose-hunting arse, and feed itm back to her, then kick it allm over again, then make it into a nice mwall sconce.

She could!!! :D

Is this thread still going?

Ok, this is my thought...I don't consider myself a thread whore regardless of the number of threads I start, because I only start one if I have a question.

But, I justs can't resist to throw my opinion in once I've read someone Else question, and the resulting responses.

So, no I'm not a thread whore, but I may be a post whore.

A certain new member with only 382 posts since feb. has created 70 threads....most of them in the last two weeks....making their totall 1.84%

I won't name him, but he is reminiscent of this label...

beerlabels.com-00849.jpg

:D

I on the other hand have only created 110 threads for my 12,708 posties.

Um, 70/382 = 0.1832, or 18.32% :D

By the way, I am sitting at 51/2069 = 2.46%... So about low average.

20 threads started / 2736 posts

.0073 or .73% new threads

w00t! I'm still not a thread whore. And I'll never catch up to Big Kahuna or Gnome with post counts. ;)

Back